Kidlit Bloggers

This is one of the blogs that my students and I created for a course on young adult literature. For this particular blog, students weren't required to post and we used the space as a complement to our twice a week sessions. The "Issues of Diversity in Children's and Adolescent Literature" blog shows what it looked like when I had a blog as an instructor and asked students to create and link their own review blogs to the course site.
.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Final project proposals and conferences

Final project proposals (Due on Tuesday, April 20)

Your assignment for Tuesday is to write a 1-page proposal that outlines your plans for your final project/paper. (Particularly if you are doing the project option, I suggest you reread the requirements in the syllabus.) I understand that this will represent where you are now in your thinking and that the project is bound to change as you do the work. I would still encourage you to use this as an oportunity to do a layer of writing/thinking that will contribute to your final piece! 

Here are some suggestions about what you might include:
  • Which option will you do? For projects, what form will it take?
  • What question will focus your paper/project?
  • What theory will you use? (If any.) How does this choice connect to the question/theme described above?
  • Which texts will you use or are you considering?
  • What type of support or feedback do you want from me or your classmates at this point? What questions do you have?
On Tuesday you'll have a chance to get feedback from others in the class and then I'll collect them and respond by Thursday.

Scheduling an optional conference:

Since I teach two beginning composition courses, my office hours tend to fill up quickly near the end of the semester. I've set aside several large blocks of time in the last couple of weeks of school as extra office hours.

If you think you might want to meet about your final paper between April 26- and our final exam session, I would suggest reserving a time on the schedule that I'll bring to class next Tuesday and Thursday. Bring your schedule/calendar to class! Conferences can either be in person (my preference) or by phone. You can sign up for either 20 or 40 minutes. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment