Kidlit Bloggers

This is one of the blogs that my students and I created for a course on young adult literature. For this particular blog, students weren't required to post and we used the space as a complement to our twice a week sessions. The "Issues of Diversity in Children's and Adolescent Literature" blog shows what it looked like when I had a blog as an instructor and asked students to create and link their own review blogs to the course site.
.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

American Born Chinese and William Hung

I thought the connection Yang made to William Hung in American Born Chinese was interesting. I have been asked to post this and hope that for those that did not see the connection will see it! The panel when Chin-Kee is singing She Bang on the Library table seems to come from an actual person named William Hung. He was a contestant for American Idol in 2004. He is Chinese and not a very good singer, but he seemed to capture the attention of the American public and became super popular. I have put up a link for you to see the youtube video of his audition so you can see how it connects to the graphic novel.

William Hung Audition



No comments:

Post a Comment