Kidlit Bloggers

This is one of the blogs that my students and I created for a course on young adult literature. For this particular blog, students weren't required to post and we used the space as a complement to our twice a week sessions. The "Issues of Diversity in Children's and Adolescent Literature" blog shows what it looked like when I had a blog as an instructor and asked students to create and link their own review blogs to the course site.
.

Monday, February 1, 2010

YA Author's Interactive Blog

I wrote my first response paper about a YA author's blog I found. I was searching for interactive blogs written by YA authors, and it was a bit harder to find a successful, updated blog than I thought it would be. I came across Justine Larbalestier's blog kind of on accident, but when I did, it was exactly what I was looking for. She uses her blog for a variety of reasons, from random thoughts to fan mail to reviews of other literature. I was surprised by how little self promotion there was, and how many glowing reviews she had for other YA authors. She talks a lot about her thoughts behind her novels, and a lot about her motivations. She even titled one post, "I'm Not Your Target Audience (Yes, You Are)" which related directly to a talk we had in class. She talks about the fact that she does not in any way limit her intended audience to teens, but to anyone that was young at any point in time (so...everyone). I thought this was an interesting thing to read straight from an author, and I wanted to share the blog link with you guys.

http://justinelarbalestier.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment