Kidlit Bloggers

This is one of the blogs that my students and I created for a course on young adult literature. For this particular blog, students weren't required to post and we used the space as a complement to our twice a week sessions. The "Issues of Diversity in Children's and Adolescent Literature" blog shows what it looked like when I had a blog as an instructor and asked students to create and link their own review blogs to the course site.
.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Merchants of Cool

I was really surprised by this video. I had no idea that all of these TV stations were owned by just a few companies. I was not so surprised to hear that MTV and Comedy Central were owned by the same company because they seem to target the same audience and feature the same type of "characters" (the "mook") but other companies seem to own channels that span a wide variety of age groups. I had also never really thought about how marketing companies find out what is "cool". The cycle of things being "cool" seems so much more clear to me now. I had never really thought about how something is marketed basically until it is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment